Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (also known as “Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Second Edition” or “VSTO 2005 SE”) is an add-on to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 that enables you to build application-level add-ins for applications in the 2007 Microsoft Office system and the Microsoft Office 2003 System.
VSTO 2005 SE includes support for Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 form template projects, previously available as a separate product known as the Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003 Toolkit for Visual Studio 2005. You can now design InfoPath 2007 form solutions right in the Visual Studio 2005 environment if you have InfoPath 2007 installed on your computer.
- Application-level add-in projects for six applications in the 2007 Microsoft Office system: Microsoft Office Excel 2007, Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, Microsoft Office Visio 2007, and Microsoft Office Word 2007.
- Support for the new Ribbon user interface extensibility model.
- Support for the new application-level customizable task pane.
- Support for managed code behind InfoPath 2007 forms.
- Application-level add-in projects for five Microsoft Office 2003 applications (Professional Edition and Standard Edition): Microsoft Office Excel 2003, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003, Microsoft Office Visio 2003, and Microsoft Office Word 2003.