1. On your desktop, create a folder called Pwnage. In this folder save a copy of the 2.2.1 firmware (make sure you use the appropriate firmware!) as well as QuickPWN 2.2.5.
2. Unzip QuickPWN.
3. Make sure you have the very latest version of iTunes. It is extremely important!! If you don’t have the latest iTunes, download nad install it. After the install, make sure to restart your computer. This is a very important step!
4. Plug your iPhone to your computer and wait for iTunes to detect it. Now you have 2 options. You can either update to 2.2.1 or restore your iPhone to 2.2.1. I always prefer restoring as you will start with a fresh and clean firmware and it will not create wasted space on your iPhone. As an alternative to restoring, you may want to read my post about upgrading a jailbroken iPhone. It’s your choice but again, I recommend restoring. To restore, simply hit SHIFT + Restore. A window will pop up asking you to choose what firmware you want to use to restore. Use the firmware 2.2.1 you downloaded in step 1.
5. After restoring (or updating), launch QuickPWN. QuickPWN should recognize your device automatically.
6. Click “Browse” to select the firmware 2.2.1 you downloaded in step 1.
7. QuickPWN will display a green checkmark if the firmware is correct. In this case, click the blue arrow to continue. If it’s not, it means that you have downloaded the wrong firmware.
8. Now QuickPWN will let you install Cydia, Installer, and custom boot logos. Note that you HAVE TO install Cydia but Installer and custom boot logos are optional. So make sure you select at least Cydia, then click the blue arrow to continue.
9. QuickPWN will now ask you to “please make sure your device is connected via USB before continuing”. Click the blue arrow to continue.
10. This is the most important step! QuickPwn will now automatically put your iPhone into recovery mode. Once it is in recovery mode you will be prompted to:
- Hold the Home button for 5 seconds,
- Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds,
- Then release the Power button while continuing holding the Home button until your iPhone is in DFU mode.
Watch the prompts carefully and follow along!
11. If you did this correctly, QuickPWN will detect your iPhone in recovery mode and will ask you to “wait while your iPhone is prepared for jailbreaking”.
12. As a final step, QuickPWN will tell you that “the pwnage process appears to have completed successfully. Please wait for your device to reboot in its newly modified state”.
[guide by iphonedownloadblog]